Health and Safety
DOME has a health and safety policy that sets down the arrangements in place for protecting the health and safety of clients while they are on the DOME premises.
Any accidents no matter how small should be reported to a staff member who will ensure that appropriate action is taken.
Accidents and Hazard Reports:
All accidents or hazardous circumstances should be reported to a staff member and a full accident/hazard report completed.
First Aid Box:
- There is a first aid box in the DOME office. Ask a staff member for assistance.
During an evacuation you will be guided by a staff member / Fire Warden on safe exit of the building.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended
- No responsibility for loss or theft will be taken by the DOME Association
Smoking is not permitted on the DOME premises or in the building.
HELP US TO MAKE DOME SAFE:
- take reasonable care to ensure your own health and safety
- take reasonable care to avoid any act or omission that may adversely affect the health or safety of others
- follow instructions provided for health and safety reasons
- dress appropriately and wear personal protective equipment as required
- take care of equipment provided in the interests of health and safety
- report hazards to a responsible staff member
- report injury or harm to health that is connected with a DOME activity
- disclose to DOME any disability or medical condition which may require special assistance.
We are committed to promoting equality and fairness in our treatment of people. We strive to ensure that programs and services are non-discriminatory, relevant, accessible, fair and inclusive.
HELP US TO MAKE DOME FAIR:
- behave in a courteous and considerate manner towards others which allows them to work and learn in a supportive atmosphere
- avoid any behaviour which might be seen as bullying or harassment
- report any inappropriate behaviour
- use the complaints procedure to resolve any problems or misunderstanding quickly and confidentially
- Harassment in the form of unwelcome or attention or behaviour because of sexuality, pregnancy, race, marital status, disability, age and physical or intellectual nature is not tolerated and concerns should be reported to the Executive Director.
BREACHES OF REGULATIONS:
DOME has a process for resolving breaches of rules and regulations in a way that provides a fair hearing for all parties and a quick and clear resolution.
The DOME Association is committed to protecting the privacy of all its Staff, Volunteers, Members and Clients. Information provided to the association by you (such as your name and email address) is used solely for the purpose for which it is disclosed. We will not publish, lend, sell or otherwise disclose personal information unless authorised by you, or are required to do so by law.
DOME is always trying to improve its services and we welcome your complaints, compliments and suggestions. You views are important to us.
|Privacy, Equity and Safety Issues||Executive Director|
|First Aid and Emergency Evacuation||Supervisor|