PERSONALISED CARE, FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS.
DOME is a community-based not-for-profit Employment & Training organisation that has been offering services to mature age unemployed and disadvantaged people in South Australia since 1981.
- FREE Employment Service Assisting the unemployed over the age of 40 and other disadvantaged people back into the workforce
- FREE Recruitment Service Assisting employers with finding the right people for their job vacancies from our register of jobseekers aged 40+
- Training and Assessment Delivering a range of training courses which are both nationally accredited and non-accredited to people of all ages and employment situations
- Consultancy Services We can offer Career Development Advice, Workforce Development Services and Outplacement Services
- Voluntary Work Offered to DOME members to help improve their skills and add to their experience to help them gain paid employment
- Advocacy Acting as a voice for mature-aged unemployed with industry, government and the community
We have a small number of qualified and experienced staff and a large number of volunteers who work to keep our organisation running
Since its inception, DOME has seen over 20,000 of our members return to the workforce at a rate of about 800 per year. We currently have over 2,000 members. DOME generates approximately 600 job vacancies each year.
Chair: Peter Smith
Deputy Chair: Angus Sutherland
Executive Director: Greg Goudie
The Board is made up of DOME staff, volunteers and representatives from the business sector and at present has equal numbers of men and women.
- Assist mature aged and disadvantaged people find employment.
- Alleviate distress, misfortune, destitution, poverty and mental and physical suffering brought about as a consequence of unemployment through direct assistance and/or cooperation with organisations and/or individuals who share a common interest in the problems and welfare of unemployed men and women of mature age.
- Provide moral and practical support and assistance to unemployed people and generally to assist them to improve their work, social and other skills necessary to maximise their chances of obtaining employment in the community.
- Increase public and government awareness of the issues of the mature aged and disadvantaged unemployed and to press for improved understanding, facilities and assistance for them.
- Encourage self-help and mutual assistance among mature aged and disadvantaged unemployed.
- Collect funds and to solicit, receive, enlist and accept financial and other aid, donations and bequests from any source and to do all things necessary to secure grants for the achievement of any of the Objects from any person, corporate body or other body, Local, State, or Federal Government or other statutory body or organisation.
- Actively participate in Government and non-Government programs for unemployed people.
- Provide and operate a full range of consultancy services to unemployed people and businesses for the purpose of creating employment opportunities for unemployed people.
DOME manages employment projects which are sponsored by the State Government, Department of State Development.
Many thanks for your fantastic assistance. I am happy to advise that a DOME jobseeker has successfully filled the position.
Brett O’Neil, State Sales Manager – Oates Cleaning Products
DOME ABN 85 629 659 021